Digital Competency Rating
Quick Start Guide
Why is Digital Competence Important?
Digitalisation has profound implications for small- and medium-sized accountancy practices (SMPs). These implications will demand change. New digital technologies will continue to emerge. SMPs must anticipate these changes and be prepared to respond. SMPs, however, are typically resource constrained and in need of guidance and direction on how best to respond to these implications. This is where the Digital Competency Maturity Model (DCMM™) comes in.
What is the Digital Competency Maturity Model (DCMM™)?
The DCMM™ comprises a questionnaire that enables SMPs to rate their current level of maturity on digital competency, identify areas where competencies are strong or lacking, and then develop a road map for achieving a higher level of maturity.
Steps to Completing the DCMM™ Rating
- Click here
- Complete practice profile at the top of the homepage .
- Proceed to ‘Start here’ where you will see ‘I am an Accountant’, ‘I am an Auditor’ and ‘I am a sole practitioner’. Tick all that apply.
- Complete each section of the questionnaire. The questionnaire consists of the following sections:
- Section A - The level of automation of the firms` internal processes
- Section B - Availability of qualified resource pool and talent development relating to digital competencies
- Section C - Level of automation relating to processes and nature of services being rendered - you will be prompted to answer C1 and / or C2 depending on whether you selected at Step 3.
- Finally, click ‘Calculate my score’ to see the digitalisation level for each section and overall. If you approve the use of your response data for benchmarking purposes then, with full anonymity and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance guaranteed, your response gets consolidated with the other collected responses. You can then compare where your practice stands as compared with other SMPs in your jurisdiction and across Europe.
Read here more detailed information on the DCMM™ including how to interpret your results and determine your next steps.