EFAA International Conference
8 June 2017 in Berlin: Developing the Digital Professional
The digitalisation of Europe’s economy already reshapes the way we live, work, and consume. These technologies - like Blockchain, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Data Analytics – are also greatly affecting the accountancy profession. Large companies and accounting firms are investing heavily to cope with these changes and capitalize on these technologies. But how does digitalisation stand to impact small- and medium-sized accountancy practices (SMPs) and their clients, small- and medium sized enterprise (SMEs)? How can they best rise to the challenges and leverage the opportunities? This event will address these pressing questions.
10:30 OPENING REMARKS BY BODO RICHARDT, EFAA PRESIDENT
10:45 Session One - RELEVANT DIGITAL DEVELOPMENTS
This session will review those digital technologies that have critical implications for business and society and present the greatest challenges and opportunities for the profession. Each speaker will present the key aspects of a particular technology with a focus on its implications for SMEs and SMPs. The session will end with a panel discussion and audience Q&A.
- NARAYANAN VAIDYANATHAN - Head of Technology Insight, ACCA
- MARK EDMONDSON - Chief Executive Officer, Inflow
- DIMITRA LIVERI - Security and Resilience Expert, EU Agency for Network & Information Security
- DIMITRIS KARAGIANNIS - Professor for Knowledge Engineering, University of Vienna
12:30 LUNCH BREAK
13:30 Session Two – BUSINESS AND SOCIETY IN A DIGITAL AGE
This session will comprise key note presentations looking at the profound effect of digitalisation on society, business, and the future of work, with expert insights from Europe and Asia.
- DIETER KEMPF - President Federation of German Industries (BDI) I Former President of bitkom and DATEV
- M P VIJAY KUMAR - Central Council Member, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
14:45 COFFEE BREAK
15:15 Session Three - THE DIGITAL PROFESSIONAL
This session will focus on how SMPs, with help from their institutes and regional bodies, can best adapt to and leverage off digital technologies and secure their position as the trusted business advisors to SMEs. Our European speaker is leveraging technology to develop new and broader services for its clients while our American speaker helps US CPA firms forge strategies for leveraging technology to improve client service and achieve growth.
- MARTIN DE BIE - Head of Future Lab, Dutch SMP 216 Accountants
- MICHAEL CERAMI - VP Business Development & Corporate Alliances, AICPA
17:15 CLOSING REMARKS BY BODO RICHARDT, EFAA PRESIDENT